Friday, August 4, 2017

Tina's Tidings - #Diet - A Solution or Just Craziness? #weightloss #LowCarb

Inspiration - You can't realize your dreams unless you have one to begin with. - Thomas A. Edison



I have a number of dreams so my problem stems from which one do I focus on the most at this moment.

Diet is my favorite at the moment. My husband and I have put on a few pounds and decided we needed to work a little harder to get off those extra pounds.

Now, one of the best diets for my husband to lose weight is the Low Carb Diet.

Here is the official information on Low Carb diets according to Google.

A low-carb diet is a diet that restricts carbohydrates, such as those found in sugary foods, pasta and bread. It is high in protein, fat and healthy vegetables. There are many different types of low-carb diets, and studies show that they can cause weight loss and improve health.

Now that sounds easy enough.

Reality is a different case because it changes how you cook almost every recipe that you have.

Salads have become the new go to meal with different kinds of meat.

Bread, pasta, and desserts are non-existent.

Strangely there are substitutions and I have tried a number which I will share.

Bread - you have to make your own. I found one that I like a little (let's just say it's better than most.)

https://lowcarbyum.com/basic-quick-bread/



For pasta - I tried  


over all it's not bad. Just make sure to follow the directions.

Dessert - I do a bite size meringue.

I got the recipe from https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/08/26/sugar-free-meringues

Then I changed it.  Where I use powered egg whites and different flavored sugar free jello - (mine are better if you wait a couple of days until you eat them, because then they are crunchy.)

Now, the big question have I lost any weight?

As every dieter will answer - not as much as I want.

So is dieting worth the effort?



Love to know your thoughts. Please leave a comment and let's get to know each other.

Tina




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you both

Patrick Brigham Author and Blogger said...

Many of us oldies put on weight, especially around the middle. Oldies are often JAM's - just about managing - and with limited income find it hard to buy often expensive meat. In my case, non existent meat choices, due to living in northern Greece. Surrounded by vegetables, one might imagine that veggie choice was easy, but here it is seasonal, and so it is either cabbage, or broccoli, and many resort to good fillers, to satisfy their gastric needs. The question is about a good sustainable Mediterranean diet, versus the stuff available in the shops and the weekly marketplace?
Most of Europe is heavily into breads, cakes, and biscuits, and the worst enemy, cheese. Ham is compressed rubbish - better to buy tinned - bacon is german Spec and pure fat, and the rest is re-labeled processed food (Greece is the king and queen of relabeling).
So, over to you and I look forward to any suggestions, which do not involve a visit to America!
BR Patrick