Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine's Day - Gift Ideas



I know I'm a little early with this post, but I want to get us in the mood.

Some people believe the day started in the 269 A.D. in the city of Rome.

But for me, it started when I started school. I'd never heard of the holiday until then. My parents weren't big on silly holidays, and I never can remember receiving a present or card for Valentine's from either of them.

If fact, I only remember my dad buying my mother a box of chocolate after my sister and myself begged him too. She didn't think much of it and shared the treat with us.

Maybe, that's the reason behind my parent's divorce, they didn't celebrate the little holidays in life to sustain their love.

Don't know.

But don't make the same mistake.

Plan ahead.



Chocolates and flowers are nice but a gift from the heart is also nice.

Can you write her a poem?
Or tell her you love her in a new and inventive way?

Why not trying leaving her little notes around the house, they don't have to say much just I love you or that you're thinking about her.

Help her with the dishes, rub her back when she's tired.

Give it a try and see if a few little gifts of kindness over the next few weeks is more of what she wants from her lover.

Good luck,

Tina

1 comment:

Cheryl St.John said...

I'll take jewelry over a back rub any day. I'm mercenary like that.