Friday, February 13, 2009

History of Valentine's Day

Some people believe the day started in the 269 A.D. in the city of Rome.

But for me, it started when I started school. I'd never heard of the holiday until then. My parents weren't big on silly holidays, and I never can remember receiving a present or card for Valentine's from either of them.

If fact, I only remember my dad buying my mother a box of chocolate after my sister and myself begged him too. She didn't think much of it and shared the treat with us.

Maybe, that's the reason behind my parent's divorce, they didn't celebrate the little holidays in life to sustain their love.

Don't know.

But I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone I know a Happy Valentine's Day.

The love you give me all year long, feed my soul and makes my life worth living.

Thank you,

Tina

No comments: