Thursday, October 17, 2013

"I think that as long as..." #AuthorQuote by Adrienne Thompson

Quote: ". I think that as long as you are living and breathing, anything is possible. Anything, if you open your heart and mind to it—including a happily ever after." - From Your Love Is King.







Buy Link: Book will be available 11.12.13

Excerpt: 

I laughed. “Chris, I saw all of those admirers back at the church, and I know you probably get approached when you perform with the band, so why do you want my number?”
“Because the moment I saw you I knew you were different. I just wanna talk to you sometimes.”

“What if I told you I already have a man and that he’s back home waiting for me?”

“Then I’d say he’s a damn fool for letting you come all the way to St. Louis without him and that it is my privilege and my duty to take you off his hands.”

“Off his hands? You make me sound like I’m some unattended land or something.”

“I meant to make you sound like an unguarded treasure.”

I rolled my eyes. “Mm-hmm.”

“Do you?”

“Do I what?”

“Have a man?”

“No, I don’t.”

“Then may I please have your number?”

I sighed. “Okay, but if I give you my number, it doesn’t mean we’re anything more than friends.”

He leaned in until his lips nearly touched mine, looked me dead in the eye, and said, “Then I’ll just have to take what I can get until I can change your mind.”
 
Find Andrienne Thompson at 
 
Thanks for sharing,
 
Tina

No comments: