Friday, March 11, 2016

#Romance and Babies are a #GreatRead #ASMSG

One of the most popular sub-genres of romance happens to be stories written about women with children or women who are pregnant.

Why?

The struggles of bring a child into the world is one of things that connect women. The nine months of carrying the baby, child birth, trying to deal with nightly feedings, diapers, change in hormones, etc. Every woman who has gone through it has a story and those that haven’t want to know what to expect.

Yes, but why put it in a romance?

The natural progression of a loving relationship is to create a new life. That is not to say that people who don’t want kids aren’t in a loving relationship.
 

In my first book, “Pregnancy Plan,” my heroine wants children. Yet, she isn’t married and not involved with anyone. She is will to go to any extremes to conceive a child.

I believe other women know this pain. When I was single, I wanted a child too. I gave myself a deadline of thirty. If I hadn’t met someone and gotten married, I planned to look into other options for bringing my child into the world.

In my case, I was married and had two children by the time I was thirty.  However, women who want a child have a choice. They can have a child on their own and raise it themselves.









In IT Exec's Baby, Bree is struggling with how to raise her children alone after losing her husband. She is also suffering from baby blues, which is not helping with her depression. The other women in this story do there best to help which is another way women help women cope with problems.

If you are interested in reading more about either of these books I invite you to visit my website where you can read the 1st chapter of all my books.


Have a great day,

Tina



No comments: