Monday, August 29, 2016

Tips to Control Too Much Information - Staying Organized



Another tip – is if you have too much information-
  • break it down or file it until you need it.
  • Don’t read the whole article.
  • Get rid of outdate material and start over.
  • Mark, scan and file.
Sometimes we do this unintentional. Over the years, I've accidentally killed my email connection which deleted several years worth of information that I had stored in email. Class information, business connections, interesting items, all gone in only a few seconds with no hope of recover.

Luckily, I never missed anything, but I don't recommended it as the way of cleaning out your files. Yes, it is faster, but way more painful.

Also, I have an author friend, that does this after each book. She clears off her desk and puts everything away from the work she's done on a certain book and starts over fresh.

Might be worth a shot.



May look like they are just gliding along, but we all know they are working their legs underneath the water. 


Have a great day,

Tina



2 comments:

Rebecca Ryan said...

I've nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award!!

Linda McLaughlin said...

Tina, I always save my class information as doc files, even if I have to create them myself as well as printing them out. I really am drowning in too much paper and information but I'm so afraid of losing something.

Enjoy your clean files. I hope anything you need can be found elsewhere.