Friday, September 25, 2009

A Casual Comment

How many times has a friend or co-worker suggested you try something?

Your answer, "Sure, I plan on doing that, but today I’m just too busy."

Yet, one day for no reason, you don’t put it off. You go to the gym and meet a handsome hunk on the way inside the building.

"Never happen," you say, and you know it can’t happen to you.

But what happens when it does?

I have a friend that made such a casual comment to me.

"Hey, Tina. There’s this great publisher that might like your story. Why don’t you send it in?"

Now, I could have put it off. Said the timing wasn’t right.

I didn’t. I took a chance.

Guess what?

It paid off. I sold my first book.

Never happen to you.

I can’t say.

Just don’t let the undertow of despair wash away the waves of hope that come your way.

Tina

No comments: