Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Helpful Hint to Clean Jewelry


As a wife, mother, housekeeper, I'm always looking for helpful hints so I thought I'd share this.

Is your silver jewelry getting dirty?

Trying using a little ketchup to bring back the shine. Drop your jewelry in a small bowl of ketchup for a few minutes. Then if it has a detail surface scrub it down with an old toothbrush.

Don't leave it in the ketchup too long. Rinse and dry - then it's ready to wear again.

See, ketchup can be used for more than a condiment.

Have a great day,

Tina

2 comments:

HODGEPODGESPV said...

giggle, but i like it! wait til i tell the dh.

Calisa Rhose said...

I can't STAND ketchup, but I might still try this. *nose plugs!*

Here's one you might or might not know--good for coin collectors-- soaking coins in Coca Cola over night will clean a coin like new. You could go as long as two days to a week, but I'd be careful of any longer, and check it daily/hourly after two days, because the acid in Coke will eat the metal over time.