Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Recovering During the Holidays

Whenever I think about the grieving family in Conn., my heart bleds.

It is so hard to lose someone in the month of December because every year it comes back to you.

My father died at the beginning of the month and every year I struggle to remember that this is a joyous time of year not one for mourning.


But how can one get over the pain of losing someone. It isn't an easy task and no one can predict how long it will take to find the peace of accepting their death.

There are still times that I will find myself tearing up, even if I'm remembering a happy event.

The reason I believe is because certain people stay in our hearts forever. They touched us deeply and no matter how hard we try we can't replace them. They are a part of us.

To help deal with these feelings it is important to understand we all grieve and we all grieve differently. So try not to be hard on yourself, stay social, and continue to get out. Exercise is another way to ward off long spells of depression.

Remember the people you have around you and enjoy them.

Breathe and recall how much the person loved you. They would want you to go on and have a wonderful life.

I hope this has helped, feel free to leave a comment. Sometime it helps to share a memory.

Tina

No comments: