Sunday, March 17, 2013

Eggcerpt by Tonya Callihan


First let's learn a little about Tonya.

She has been writing all of her life. At the age of 13, on Christmas break she snuck one of her mom’s romances from a box brought over by her grandma. The novel she read was ‘Montana Sky’ by Nora Roberts. Once she finished reading that book she knew someday she would to be a published romance author. She has been writing every since.

Now a single mom she balances her time between her 10 month old son, Mason, writing, work, and the Internet!

Tonya loves to help support some of her favorite authors and is very involved in several street teams and posts book reviews over at her
blog!

Her first novel was published in January 2010,
Night Promises, the first book in her Night Pleasures series! After a long wait her second book from MuseItUp Publishing, Claimed will be coming out Spring 2013! With hopefully, more releases this year as well.

My Links:

Author FB:


 

Website:


Blog


Twitter:

Goodreads:


Pinterest:

Google+


 

 
“Our new girl is looking good out there.” Mac handed Kelly a bottle of water from the small fridge in the corner of their office.
“That’s good. I wasn’t sure about hiring a human. The last one quit within the first hour, but she’s made it through two nights.”
“Our last one was more concerned with whether vampires really existed or not. With Cammie, I believe she’s got a real interest with vamps and respects us.”
“How did your date go last night?”
“There won’t be a second one. For a three-hundred year old vamp, he has no charm and absolutely nothing but blood and the sport of finding the next meal to talk about.”
“I think Micah is interested in you.”
“What makes you say that?” “When I arrived at Connor’s, Micah asked me how you were. I told him you were on a date, and he looked upset and got short with me.”
“Well, I’m not interested in him.”
“Is there such a thing as life mates?”
“Did he say we were life mates? I tell you what; he didn’t get the hint seventy years ago, but he’s going to get it now.” She tossed her water bottle in the trash.
“I’ll take that as a yes and a no. He didn’t mention you two were life mates.”
She stood in front of Kelly’s desk. “There are rumors that life mates really exist. But I’ve never felt that pull, I guess you could call it.”
“Can humans feel it with vampires?”
“I don’t think so. I’ve never heard of it. As much as I hate to admit this, Micah would be the man you need to talk to about this type of stuff. He’s been around longer than I have, and he knows how it works.”
“Do you not want to know?” “I’m not interested in settling down. Honestly, I don’t believe vamps are capable of settling down.”
“Why not?”
“Because we are creatures of habit. Sex and blood. We need both and very often. We can’t stay with the same human for a long period of time, or we will kill them or be forced to turn them against their will. Vamps can feed from one another during sex, but the vamp will still have a strong hunger for human blood.”
“That answers my questions then.”
“Do you think you and Connor are life mates?”
“No, I don’t. I’ve never felt a pull, as you said. I was more curious about a lasting relationship between a human and vampire.”
“I hate to let you down but it’s almost impossible. If you and Connor are life mates, you would have to let him turn you.”
“But as you said, we would still need human blood.”
Book Reviews:


Buy Night Promises

Secret Cravings Publishing


 Amazon


 Barnes and Nobel

No comments: