Monday, June 24, 2013

Tag Team Parenting

Taking care of an infant can be very demanding.

It takes a great deal of time. Even if you are not holding down a full time job, the challenge of trying to care for a baby and do all the other things you normally do can be a challenge.

This is why I feel tag team parenting is so important.

- it give each of you a break. She's fixing dinner, he's feeding the baby.

- he loads the laundry while she's washing the baby's bottles.

Sharing the chores help each of the baby's parents to not only spend time with him/her but also allows the other one a chance to achieve another task.

You also need a chance to rest.

Luckily, my husband got up early and took the early morning feeding so I could sleep in a few more hours. If he hadn't I don't know how I could have functioned.

A point I try to stress in my new book "CFO's Affair" coming out July 1.

Sylvia hasn't spend her days with a baby in years. Now, she is the sole provider for a ten month only. She is struggling and not sure what she wants to do about the future.

Find out what she does on July 1...




 

 

 

No comments: