Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tina's Titillating Teaser about #MFRWAuthor @VickiBatman

Like some of her characters, award-winning author, Vicki Batman has worked a wide variety of jobs including lifeguard, ride attendant at an amusement park; a hardware store, department store, book store, antique store clerk; administrative assistant in an international real estate firm; and a general “do anything gal” at a financial services firm--the list is endless.

Writing for several years, she has completed three manuscripts, written essays, and sold many short stories to TRUE LOVE, TRUE ROMANCE, TRUE CONFESSIONS, NOBLE ROMANCE PUBLISHING, LONG AND SHORT REVIEWS, MUSEITUP PUBLISHING, and THE WILD ROSE PRESS.

She is a member of RWA and several writing groups and chapters. In 2004, she joined DARA and has served in many capacities, including 2009 President. DARA awarded her the Robin Teer Memorial Service Award in 2010. She's active on the Plotting Princesses

Most days begin with her hands set to the keyboard and thinking "What if??"

Today, Vicki Batman keeps it Short & Sweet as she sits down to talk with MFRW about her newest book, a self-published Romantic Comedy, released on February 4, 2014.

From sassy writer Vicki Batman comes three hilarious short reads.


"Bug Stuff"
A co-worker unites with the hunky, new accountant to fight a pesky adversary.

"With This Ring"
The Unimaginable. When Katherine forgets her little black dress for a must-attend event, all turns into something utterly romantic and unforgettable in the end.

"Just Desserts"
A political dinner gone disastrous brings together a reluctant attendee and her handsome seat-mate.

MFRW: Tell us about your latest book. What motivated the story? Where did the idea come from? 
VICKI: Bug Stuff…and other stories follows my other two shortie collections, Man Theory and Little Birdie Who. I'd submitted them to a popular magazine, but they were turned down. A few had nice notations included. The stories weren't bad, just not what they were interested in acquiring because they'd already had something or wanted something specific. I couldn't let them languish; so I decided to indie pub them.

MFRW: Do you feel humor is important in fiction and why?
VICKI: I do. For me, writing humor in my stories comes naturally. And it is more real life (at least, with the people who surround me). 

MFRW: What is your writing routine once you start a book?
VICKI: An idea goes Bing! And I take off, usually in dialogue with a smattering of the other stuff as it pops in my head. My first draft is very, very rough. I read over and over and edit and edit to get it perfect for my critique partners. When I get my critique back, I'd hoped all would be good to go, but alas, it never it. So I work and work it again. Then one day, I let go…

MFRW: What about your family, do they know not to bother you when you are writing - or are there constant interruptions?
VICKI: My family is gone during the day. They don't bother me usually. But when there are those interruptions, I welcome the time with them.

MFRW: What do you do to relax and recharge your batteries?
VICKI: Sounds crazy but I always workout. Every single day. I do needlepoint and chill in front of the TV with Handsome.

MFRW: A biography has been written about you. What's the title in six words or less?
VICKI: Sass and Class



Get To Know More about Vicki:

No comments: