Thursday, September 22, 2016

#Nebraska Site of My #RomanticSeries Executive Wives' Club #Settings

When I started my Executive Wives' Club Series, I looked in my own back yard for my setting.

At the time, I was living in Nebraska and was enjoying the unique surroundings.



I liked the beautiful evergreens and had bought a blue spruce for my front yard. Then the first snow came and I could see how one had to fight the elements.

In Marketing Exec's Widow, Jen has to deal with ice on her driveway and ends up falling. Luckily, I didn't take any falls but I could see how this could happen. Also, Jen's dog was a joy to write because he reminded me of my dog. 



Peach didn't particular like having to do her business in the snow.

Also, I liked the scenery and tried to work it into my books.


I guess all writer's do this. Though I have to say that even though I don't live in Nebraska anymore, I still enjoy writing about the places I visited there.

The last book is coming along nicely...The CEO's Widow. Marianne is facing some challenges but with help from the other executive wives, she'll find the strength to go on.


I especially liked the wineries --- I have visited a few in California too.


Here's to great places and authors who write about them.

Have a great day,

Tina




No comments: