Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Rose by Pamela S Thibodeaux, Inspirational with an Edge, #EggcerptExchange

Eggcerpt Exchange

Five Facts about Love is a Rose
The initial idea for this devotional came while listening to the radio. As the song, The Rose, played the scripture references and text flowed through me as though I were a channel.
The Rose was written by Amanda McBroom and recorded by Bette Midler for the movie of the same title which was about Janis Joplin.
Many folks don’t know that Country Music Artist, Conway Twitty also recorded this song. This is the version I heard when the idea for the devotional came to me. I’d never heard Bette Midler’s version.
My original thoughts for this devotional included poetry from a friend, however the publishers I pitched it to said it would be stronger without the poems.
Although it is my longest NF work, Love is a Rose is not the only non-fiction I’ve had published. Find more about the anthologies and devotionals I’m published in HERE.

Blurb: Music is the magical entry into the spirit world; the golden gate into the Kingdom of God. But we mustn’t be of the mindset that God only uses Christian music to reach out and touch our mind, heart and spirit. God uses any and every means available to speak to His children.

Our job is to be open and receptive.

In this devotional, Pamela S Thibodeaux shares how God opened her spirit to a deeper understanding of the abundance of His grace and mercy through the words of the song, The Rose sung by Country & Western artist Conway Twitty.

Pamela offers Seeds to Ponder and a prayer as she parallels the love of God and the Christian life to each verse of the song.

Excerpt: Some say love, it is a hunger, an endless aching need...
How very true!  The Bible speaks of a longing of our soul to be in communion with the Lord. Psalm 42 says, "As the hind longs for running water, so my soul longs for thee, oh God..."

Endless, aching need; we all feel it––the need to be loved, to be worthy; the ache to know God more intimately and to glorify Him.
           
Many describe this aspect of their walk with God as an ache or a hunger which is forever present. Sometimes it is more prevalent than others but always there….The need to be close to Him, to know His will, to feel His presence, to be made worthy and whole by His Holy Spirit.
           
Just when we feel we’ve gotten closer to Him still, the ache smarts again––deeper, more desperate than the last time. A longing that cannot be described––one that can only be satisfied by the Holy Spirit leading you closer and deeper into the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Every one of us can relate to the insatiable hunger we’ve experienced in our lives. Many times we seek after and pursue more…bigger and better things (money, houses, cars, jobs) thinking those will satisfy, not realizing the hunger in our soul is one only God can satisfy. As I look back over my life, I recall a time when I got wrapped up in the things of the world, and yet, I’ve always been a seeker of peace above all things. Oh, that we would teach our children that more is not better and the more things you have, the more time you’ll spend taking care of them and the less time you’ll have to pursue what really matters in life—people and relationships!

The accumulation of things will never satisfy the soul like an intimate relationship with the Creator and His creation. Get rid of the “stuff” in your life and see how much peace there is in simplicity.



Purchase Links:
Print @ Amazon http://amzn.to/1naYIRr
Print @ B&N http://bit.ly/1POssML
Smashwords http://bit.ly/16vCHl4   
Deeper Shopping http://bit.ly/1cxivVf
  
Author bio: Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!” ™ and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.” Sign up for Pam’s newsletter and receive a FREE short story! http://bit.ly/psthibnewsletter

Links:
Website address: http://www.pamelathibodeaux.com  
Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib 
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/1jUVcdU


 Thanks for sharing, Pam.
Tina

9 comments:

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thank you for hosting me and exchanging with me Tina!
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Alina K. Field said...

Such wisdom here, Pamela! I just helped my sister clear out the house she's lived in for 30 years for a cross-country move. It was overwhelming and made us both realize how burdensome so much "stuff" can be!

Ruth said...

I love when music sparks an idea.

Susan Coryell said...

A favorite song. Thanks for the background and devotional. Very insiring!

Raquel Byrnes said...

What a thoughtful post. Love the story and wish you well with your release! :)

marilyn leach said...

Pam, I enjoyed your post. What a beautiful inspiration and gratitude that you shared it with the world in your devotional book. I can hear the song tune in my mind and it only adds to the deep beauty. Cheers

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Pam,

I often sing "The Rose." It's such a hauntingly beautiful song. I can see where it would serve as an excellent source of inspiration. Music touches the soul.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Oh Wow...Thank you ALL for dropping by! So glad you enjoyed the post.

Yes, Jacquie, it IS a beautiful/haunting song!
I know, Alina how burdensome 'stuff' can be....I've reduced from a 3 bedroom home to a single bedroom - got rid of a LOT of stuff!

Yeah, Ruthette, music does that a lot for me!

Glad you were inspired Susan.

Thanks Raquel and Marilyn! I pray the book inspires others.

Sorry I'm so late in responding. After I announced the blog post, I was away from my computer all day.

Again, Thank You ALL for dropping by and leaving a comment!
Good luck and God's blessings to EACH of You!
PamT

Alicia Dean said...

Wow, love how the book came about. I love that song, but I'll have to say, even though I'm a country music fan, I do not care for Conway's version. He was much better when he stuck to actual country. Sounds like a wonderful read!