Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Tourist Highlight - Rest Area in @SouthDakota #Travel #Artwork #Photos of Dignity Statue

Now some may ask what can be so special about a rest area other than it being a great place to go to the bathroom and change out drivers. 

This South Dakota rest area is very special. Not only does it provide clean rest room, but it also includes a small museum and an awesome piece of artwork.


Dignity Statue



Over 50ft tall, this native Dakota woman stands on a bluff overlooking the Missouri River. She was designed to honor the Lakota and Dakota people. Located off interstate 90 near Chamberlain, SD, it is a quick on and off stop.

My husband and I missed the exit but noticed the Dignity Statue on the bluff and did a u-turn at the next exit to go back and check out this incredible piece of artwork.

Once I stepped into the visitor center, I was equally enthralled by the displays inside the building. A small museum told the journey of Lewis and Clark. I spent over an hour filming the different displays that included the animals which call South Dakota their home and a display of the items Lewis and Clark took on their journey on the Missouri River. I was so excited about being able to share this with my friends. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way I deleted the video or it is hiding somewhere on my computer and is alluding me.

Even though, I can’t show you the inside of the visitor center, I hope you will enjoy and appreciate the amazing pictures of the Dignity Statue and the grounds around her that overlook the Missouri River.



Check out my YouTube video at



or click on https://youtu.be/QS3vuS8hST4
Hope you have a chance to visit this amazing place someday.



Tina

No comments: