Sunday, February 28, 2010

Egg-cerpt for Painful Relections


Blurb -
Meg Garrett loses her husband, Kyle, on their honeymoon but returns every year to the place she last saw him. There she meets Todd, a man who sets her blood on fire, but how can she move on when she can still feel her husband?
She then finds out Kyle is still alive, and that Todd isn’t who she thought he was. Where has her husband been for the past four years, and why doesn’t he remember her? Meg must trust a man who has betrayed her to find out the truth behind the deception.
Excerpt -
“Well, here we are again.”

Meg gasped as she turned to face him. “Todd.” His name floated on her breath as she sighed her relief at seeing his tanned face.

He smiled but appeared a bit puzzled. “You look happy to see me.”

She stared up at the sky for a moment, taking a deep breath before meeting his gaze with a smile. “That’s because I am. I felt so bad how I acted last time that I was hoping to see you again to apologize.”

Todd chuckled. “There’s no need for that. I could see that you were sorry. You have a very expressive face.”

“Well, I still should have said it as well.”

He placed a towel beside her and sat upon it, inviting her to do the same. Not having thought to bring her own towel, she sat next to him. They both stared at the ocean for a moment, and she enjoyed the sounds of the waves. She took a deep breath, taking in the salt air and feeling the ocean breeze across her skin. Her fingers sifted through the sand at her side as she tried to think of what to say. Even though she wanted to see him again, his nearness made her a little nervous.

“Do you vacation here every year?” she finally asked him.

Todd shook his head. “I live here.”
“Really? You must come to this beach a lot, then.”
He shrugged with a smile. “Not really.”

Meg frowned. “Then why did you come back?” His intense expression made her blush. “You came back to see me?”

“Isn’t that why you told me you come back here every year?” he asked, teasing her.

She was pleased he remembered, and her cheeks flushed. “Not exactly, but I’m glad you’re here.”
Thanks Jude for the great egg-cerpt,
Tina

No comments: