Saturday, March 13, 2010

Egg-cerpt for Sophie's Pleasure


Sophie's Pleasure

Excerpt #2

He waited until the elderly lady left then re-entered the shop. “All right, suppose I buy
something.”


“Suppose you do. What are you talking about?”


“I’m trying to get you to like me.”


Sophie turned her back on him and reached for her bottle of water. She took a drink and
faced him again with a smile. “That would be a serious mistake, don’t you think?”


“Why? I’m a nice guy.”


Sophie only smiled for a response.


“Sophie, come on.”


“All right,” she shrugged as if her next words were no big deal. “I’ve always wondered
what I missed. So why don’t we go to bed?”


He blinked in surprise. “What do you mean? Just like that?”


“Why not? We’re grown up. All right, let me rephrase. I’m grown up. I can decide to go
to bed with someone, if I want to. I was only sixteen when we dated. And you were three
years older, more experienced and ready to go off to college. You were a bit out of my
league.”


Joe, obviously dumfounded, was momentarily unable to respond. Idly he wondered
how this woman had somehow gotten the upper hand. Had she just insulted him? “You
don’t think I’m grown up?”


Sophie shrugged. “I don’t know you well enough to say.” And that was the truth. She
couldn’t judge the man on the little she did know.


“All right, you want to go to bed with me. Didn’t you just tell me it would be a mistake
to like me?”


Sophie dismissed his remark with a light frown and a gentle shake of her head. “I don’t
have to like you to have sex.” She took a deep breath. “You know, when I was a teenager, I
heard about this woman. She was writing a book. In it she rated every man she ever slept
with. All right, perhaps ‘slept with’ is the wrong terminology, but you get what I mean.”


Joe swallowed. “And what, you’re looking to rate me?”


She laughed at his bleak look, thoroughly enjoying this teasing conversation. “Well, I
wouldn’t mind seeing for myself what all the fuss was about.”


“Jesus, nothing like putting a little pressure on guy,” he said, his voice slightly
strangled.


“Well, if it’s only a little pressure, it shouldn’t bother you any.” She grinned at his sour
look. “Being a kid, I thought she was disgusting, but reconsidering, she was quite brilliant,
don’t you think? Imagine how hard those guys worked once they realised what she was
about?”


Finally, he managed a dour, “When?”


If he appeared a bit glum about the prospect, Sophie thought he’d get over it soon
enough. She smiled. “I have plans for tonight and tomorrow. Are you busy Friday night?”


“What time?” he asked without the slightest bit of pleasure.


Sophie grinned. For someone who appeared to be unhappy with the thought, he surely
was an amicable sort. “I close the shop at six. Is eight o’clock all right?”


“Fine, should I bring—”


Sophie interrupted with a shake of her head. “Nothing. This isn’t a date. I’ll make
dinner.” She laughed as she watched his brows rise, his gaze obviously confused.


“I thought this wasn’t a date. I thought you only wanted sex.”


“I have to eat, don’t I? As long as I’m cooking, I might as well make enough for two.”
She laughed softly as she gave him a knowing look. “And you can be dessert.”

Buy it at http://www.total-e-bound.com/

Patricia Pellicane
best selling writer of romance
from Total-e-bound
The Cove
The Best Present Ever
Sophie's Pleasure
Feburary 15,2010
To Save Emmy


Also check out her new website http://www.patriciapellicane.com/


Thanks Patricia,


Tina

No comments: