Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sarah Cass - Irresistible


 
We all have things we find irresistible, don’t we?  For me it’s white-chocolate Kit Kats, Dr. Pepper, the internet, and sponge candy (a Buffalo, NY treat). 

I thought it would be fun to take some characters from my Dominion Falls Series and pick 5 things they find irresistible.  Now, it’s 1871 in Dominion Falls Colorado, so they don’t have Kit Kats and Facebook to be tempted by – so what does tempt them? 

Jane Doe (Heroine)
  1. Cole Mitchell – the Hero, of course. She manages to turn him away on several occasions, but not without a heaping amount of regret.
  2. Books – any book. All books. Books, books, books.
  3. Citing those books (eidetic memory will do that to you).
  4. Nice dresses – despite her openly sexual nature, she dresses like a schoolmarm, and always likes a lovely new dress.
  5. Cole Mitchell….what? I can’t name him twice?  Fine…whiskey. Or maybe sweet cakes from Cora’s restaurant. 

Cole Mitchell (Hero)
  1. Jane Doe – of course. He tries, boy does he try, he doesn’t want, or believe in, love anymore—but Jane gets to him.
  2. Whiskey.
  3. A good game of poker.
  4. A good fight.
  5. Jane…oh, geez, sheesh you guys are picky. Fine…nope, it’s just Jane. He has simple needs. He is a man.

Gilbert Hamm aka. Hammy
  1. Beer
  2. Beer
  3. More beer
  4. Janey (he’s got a little crush)
  5. Beer 

Katherine Daugherty
  1. Norman’s…well, let’s just say it’s a side benefit of sleeping with the telegraph operator. (You’ll have to read Derailed to get the full gist.)
  2. Wearing pants – it creates such a fun stir
  3. Stirring up trouble (and boy does she manage it)
  4. Sweet cakes from Cora’s restaurant.
  5. A nice jaunty hat.

Jackson Krenshaw
  1. Money
  2. Power
  3. Influence
  4. More money
  5. More power
Oh, there are plenty more characters I could tease you with…but maybe we’ll save that for book 3 – Dark Territory.   

What about you – what do you find absolutely irresistible?  

 
*~*

Derailed (Dominion Falls Book 2)

Blurb:
The sins of a past she can’t remember could destroy a present she’ll never forget.
The crimes of her forgotten past threaten the very life Jane Doe has learned to cherish.

Jane is out of time. With a warrant on her head, a maniac out for her blood, and a secret baby on the way, something has to give.

Without Cole Mitchell's help to find the answers, there may be no hope left.

Cole has nowhere left to hide. He unwittingly let Jane into his heart, and is ready to share the secret of his dark past.

Fate has a way of playing its hand, and tragedy strikes. With the world crumbling around them, it's easy to lose faith. If they can't forgive past sins, they have no hope for the future.

Because the noose waits for no man or woman.
 

Buy Links:

Secret Cravings Website -  http://bit.ly/12J4bO9

Amazon -  http://amzn.to/1ahJIu4

Barnes & Noble -  http://bit.ly/1bkEnQw

All Romance Ebooks -  http://bit.ly/170laAc

Bookstrand – http://bit.ly/1diptbG

Goodreads - http://bit.ly/14UlKhj 

BIO:
Sarah Cass’s world is regularly turned upside down by her three special-needs kids and loving mate, so she breaks genre barriers, dabbling in horror, straight fiction, and urban fantasy. An ADD tendency leaves her with a variety of interests that include singing, dancing, crafting, cooking, and being a photographer. She fights through the struggles of the day, knowing the battles are her crucible and though she may emerge scarred, she’s also stronger. While busy creating worlds and characters as real to her as her own family, she leads an active online life with her blog, Redefining Perfect, which gives a real and sometimes raw glimpses into her life and art. 

Where to find me:

Redefining Perfect – http://redefiningperfect.com

Sarah’s StoryLines – http://authorsarahcass.com



 
Excerpt:
His visage grew blurry and faint. Jane sobbed. “Wait.”

“Jane?”

Jane reached out toward the retreating image with a desperate gasp. A hand grasped her arm just before she tumbled off the bench. “No. Wait. I was about to remember.”

“Jane, you all right?” Norman’s weathered face replaced Jake’s, and he kept a tight hold of her arm. “What were you about to remember?”

“I don’t know.” She wiped at the tears starting to escape. “It was a dream. I didn’t realize I’d fallen asleep. I’m fine, just a little disoriented.”

“Ya sure?”

Jane smiled, relaxing when Norman’s face wrinkled into a bright smile. “I’m sure. I didn’t realize I was so tired. I just came by to see if there’d been any response yet.”

His smile faded, and he shook his head. “Not a word, Janey. I can resend it if you want. It’s been a couple weeks since ya sent it.”

“No. If there was going to be a response, it would have already come.” She tried to cover her disappointment. The telegram she’d sent to C. Hodgkins had gone unanswered. It had been her last hope.

Her hand fluttered to her stomach. No, it hadn’t been her last hope. She still held out a little hope for the small life inside. She’d decided to ask Michael to care for the child once it was born. If she was going to be hanged, that is.

“Jane?”

Norman’s voice pulled her back from her thoughts, and she felt her cheeks grow warm. She’d totally forgotten he was there. “Sorry. I’m still not fully awake. Go on to lunch, Norman. I think I’ll head to the library.”

“If you’re sure. I’d be happy to walk ya.”

“You’re very kind. I can make it all right. I’ve got my cane, and it’s not terribly far.” To prove her point, she rose and leaned on the cane. “Now go on. I’m going to be slow and enjoy this beautiful day.”

“All right. Good day, Jane.” He tapped his hat and started toward town.

Following at a slower pace, Jane had to pause at the end of the platform. A twinge in her abdomen stretched into a dull ache. She leaned into the building and took a few steadying breaths.

“Falling asleep against the depot?” Laughter trickled through Al’s voice as he hopped down from his horse. “I know you said you weren’t sleeping well, but if this is the case, I have to tell you it isn’t the most effective way to find rest.”

She strained against the tense lock of her jaw to force out a smile. “I have to take my rest where I can get it. No rest for the wicked, you know.”

He offered her his arm, smiling when she took it. “Well, I don’t know about that. You aren’t nearly as wicked as you’ve been made out to be.”

“The rumors do have me painted as quite a soiled dove.”

“Not that you discouraged them in any way. I do recall several occasions that you came to my tent in the middle of the night.”

“To talk. Play cards.”

“Poorly.”

She smacked him in the arm and laughed. “So I’m no good at poker. Doesn’t mean I can’t have fun playing.”

“No, but you lost quite a few bucks to my men.”

“And to you.”

“I tried to let you win it back. You just kept losing—Jane?”

She gripped his arm when the pain returned, stronger than before. Fear gripped her heart. Something was wrong. This was stronger than any ache she’d had so far. “Oh.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I think I need to see Daisy.”

“Is it your ankle?”

Her knees buckled when a shock of pain shot through her, right into her back. Al’s arm wrapped tight around her waist to hold her up, and she doubled over. “Al.”

His shout rang in her ear, but she couldn’t make out the words. Colors swirled in front of her eyes, trying to drag her into blissful oblivion. She was scooped up into the air, and she groaned, her head falling against a padded shoulder. A soft cry grew into a whimper. “Hurry.”

“I’m going fast as I can,” Graham snapped. “What in blazes were you doing?”

“Walking,” she groaned. “Why did you—”

“Webb can’t pick you up. He’s still recuperating. I was right there.” Graham wasn’t careful with his steps, and every impact ripped through her.

Her head swam. “Hurry.”

“I’m right here,” Daisy spoke quietly. After shoving Graham out of the room, she took Jane’s hand. “What happened?”

“Something’s wrong. Pain. Help.”

“I’ll do everything I can.”

Thanks Sarah for stopping by and best of luck with your book,

Tina

 

1 comment:

Zineb said...

Nice post, thanks for sharing.
Use Joybauer coupon and save your money.