This book has
- a ghost (Gwen)
- spirits (a whole family of them)
- romance (Mattie and Quincy)
- mystery (What happen to Gwen)
- heartbreak (the pain of not knowing what happen to someone you love.)
- a second chance at love (Mattie and Quincy)
- the begin of a new adventure (Amber's new job)
- failed attempts at murder
In the spirit-haunted Winston estate in Ohio, rooted in time and occupied by the lingering ghosts of a great family, the torch is about to pass...
Mattie Winston, sober, sensible, and steady, has served as Keeper to the family for decades. Amber Harrison, hovering on the edge of flunking out of college, unsure what she wants out of life, has barely even heard of the Winston estate. The family, however, has decided that it's time for the changing of the guard. These two exceptional women soon find themselves dealing with violence, murder attempts and old family mysteries while each finding the love of her life. Two romances and a growing friendship, all twined around a brooding family tragedy, make for an outstanding paranormal mystery offering depth and charm beyond the commonplace. The growing love of Amber and Carter and of Mattie and Quincy offer readers a tender and engaging first novel in a winning new paranormal series.