Thursday, November 8, 2018

A #LowCarb #Recipe for the #Holidays - A Lemon Treat

Okay, you enjoy cooking. But do you follow the recipe exactly?

Strangely enough, I struggle with this. I believe I was thrown off course years ago while watching this beautiful lady.


Yes, she did it in her movie Sabrina where she looked into the refrigerator and came up with a meal.

So when I start to make a recipe, I look in the refrigerator to see if I have what I need and usually find that I don't.  Soooo, I do what Sabrina did and replace one item for another.

If you remember, I'm on a low carb diet and in need of a treat.

I found this recipe that was called Low Carb Lemon Cheesecake bars 

Now the recipe called for

1   3oz box of sugar free lemon jello - ( I had this)
1   cup of boiling water  - (again a check mark was in my kitchen)
2   Tablespoons of Lemon Juice ( yes - we are good to go.)
2   8oz packages of low fat cream cheese  (Houston, we have it a problem.)

I didn't have low fat cream cheese and only had 1 package. Now, what's a cook to do and knowing my husband isn't the biggest fan of cream cheese.....well, I did what I always do and changed the recipe.

Okay, so I had one package of full fat cream cheese and wait for it.....sour cream.

So I mixed it up with using the directions and add a cup of sour cream instead of 1 of the packages of cream cheese.


They came out awesome.

So if you don't have 2 packages of cream cheese you might want to try 1 cup of sour cream in this recipe. (Good for those people who aren't fan of cream cheese.)

Thanks for tune into Tina's Tidings,

Tina




No comments: