Friday, May 24, 2013

Writer's Tip - What Set Your Heart on Fire?

The best way to write a novel is to keep it simple.

Simplicity last. If you can tell a good story, the rest should take care of it's self.

from The Writer's Little Helper
by
James V. Smith, Jr.

Some people also say write what you know. I can't say that I necessarily agree with them.

I believe your imagination can take you anywhere.

A better thing to say is write what set your heart on fire.

I write things in my head every night. Funny maybe, but it's how I put myself to sleep.

There are stories that I love but they never make it to paper. They don't have all the necessary elements of a good novel.

Is that to say I didn't enjoy them?

No.

When I sit down to write a book, I think about how much time I'm going to invest in the story. I either need to love it or I'll soon be sitting it aside to write something else.

Why waste the time, write what works and a story that you love.

Have a great weekend,

Tina
www.tinagayle.net
visit to read the 1st chapter of any of my books.

No comments: