Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Can You Dream It?

With the Olympics going on, it makes one wonder what it takes to realize your dreams?

So what is it that you want?

Can you picture it?

Dream about what its like to have it?

I've wanted to be an author for a long time. As a kid, I made up stories and told them to my nephews. I read hundreds of romance novels. I didn't believe I could do it so I put the dream on a shelve and set it aside until years later.

Then I decide for what ever reason that I need to persue my dream. I took classes to learn what I needed to know. I joined groups with other writers to learn about the business. I sat at my computer and plugged away at the keyboard.

Finally, I sold my first book and was on my way.

Over the years, I've learned that I still have to feed that dream.

I'm constantly, redefining what I want from my career. Yes, I still enjoy writing, but I also want more. I want more people to read my books, love the story and enjoy the ride.

I draw pictures in my head of the success I want to achieve.

My dream is not a destination of one point in time but a story in my head that changes with my goals and successes.

I know it won't happen overnight, but if you believe in your heart that it will happen. Then it will.

Here's to dreaming and all that can be achieved.

Tina

No comments: