you're writing that next best seller.
- Feel it – if you can’t feel aroused or excited by your writing. How can your reader?
- Rewrite – cut unneeded prepositional phrase. “He caressed her shoulder with his hands.” (Is this really needed?)
- Senses – use taste and smell to add depth to your writing. “The smell of rose reminded him of ….”
- Quirks – have at least one character with an interesting quirk. “He popped a life-saver into his mouth. The sweet taste of cherry filled her taste buds when their mouths met.” Sprinkle these throughout the book to define your character.
- Setting – add it a little at a time like you would introduce a new character with faults and quirks.
Just a few things to remember,