Thursday, November 20, 2014

Cathy's Angel - A #RockingSummerRomance by @psthib


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Blurb: Single mom Cathy Johnson is tired of running her life alone…what she needs is a well-trained angel to help out. Jared Savoy gave up the dream of having a family when he discovered he is sterile. Can a confirmed bachelor and the mother of four find love amid normal daily chaos?

 

Excerpt: Cathy ignored the shivers of delight that curled up her spine at the sound of his velvety-rough voice and glared at him for the second time that day. Nice voice, dumb question. Unless he was blind, he could see the tears on her face. She swiped at them. "No, I'm not all right. I twisted my ankle and it’s all your fault." She dropped the blame squarely at his feet.

He halted his movements. "Me? What'd I do? I don't even know you, Lady."

"You interrupted my quiet time."

"Well excuse me for living and breathing." He glared down at her. The gold flames of fury sparking his dark eyes demanded that she not interrupt his tirade. Still, she jerked up her chin a notch, and narrowed her gaze, but bit her tongue.

"I happen to be new to this neighborhood and haven't run across any signs informing me to 'stay out of Ms…' what's your name?"

"Cathy."

"Ms. Cathy's quiet time."

To Jared’s surprise and consternation, she burst into tears.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed. "I'm usually not so rude."

"Of course you’re not," he soothed. "PMS I’m sure," he remarked, patting her shoulder and feeling even more awkward. Women were never his strong point. They were too emotional, and his analytical mind couldn’t cope.

"I don't have time for PMS," she wailed, confirming his opinion. "My oldest child is right now fixing breakfast for the other three, and I've got to get home."

Okay Lord, he thought with a sigh, you leave me no choice but to play the Good Samaritan. Reaching down, he swung her up in his arms. She stiffened.

"Easy now, I'm not going to hurt you," he chided. "Where do you live?"

“Two blocks down, first house on the right," she muttered. Unable to resist the comfort his broad shoulder offered, Cathy buried her head in it and sobbed. "I try to be strong, to take care of everything and everyone," she mumbled. “And I’m so tired of doing it all.”

"No one can do it all."

"I have no choice!"

She was hysterical, he decided, and he was at a complete loss as to what to do about it. "Okay, okay," he soothed. "Take it easy. You won't have to do it all today."

 

Purchase Links:


Pelican Book Group http://pelink.us/15avEtm



Author bio: Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!” ™ and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.”

 

URL for Photo: http://bit.ly/SAsS2T

 

Links:

Website address: http://www.pamelathibodeaux.com  



Twitter: http://twitter.com/psthib @psthib

Thanks Pam for sharing,

Tina

No comments: