Make Quick Decisions
This may sound elementary but a quick decision can save time and money.
For example that stack of mail that you just brought in. What is the best way to handle it?
Let’s look at some options:
- My option, which I must admit is the wrong one, is to lay it on the table and deal with it later.
- Get rid of the Garage - throwing away the ads* and junk mail, set the letters aside to open later. (This may sound simple but if you can make a quick decision on the things you don’t need that less you’ll have to deal with later.)
- Open everything and sort by need – bills, things to be shredded, letter that need action.
- The bills get sorted by their due date and put in a place where I can write out the checks and send in. (A quick five-minute task)
- A box next to the shredder will get the shredding stuff to let the kids do or if (I have a few minutes)
- Letters that need attention, will be set up in another area for when, you got it (I have five-minutes)
- Do everything at once.
* Point here is if you do look through ads, only pick the ones where you will shop, or only keep the ones that you will have time to visit this week.
Don’t get drug down by the undercurrents of life’s tides.
Ride the waves and enjoy life.