Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tina's Titillating Teaser - Their Temporary Sub by #MFRWauthor @MardiMaxwellRom




Blurb: Their Temporary Sub (The Doms of Club Mystique 3)

Twins, Luc and Logan Ramsey, agreed to remain single until their thirty-second birthday. When they meet Cassie Edwards, Logan decides she’s the woman for them, but Luc insists they stick to their plan. Cassie is being hunted by the men who killed her father eight years ago. She’s tempted by Logan, who pursues her at every turn, and intrigued by Luc, who wants her but keeps his distance. When Luc and Logan discover she’s in danger they move her into their home to protect her. Cassie wants them but can she be their temporary sub without endangering them?
 
Excerpt:
Cassie took a deep breath, bit her trembling lower lip, and forced the tears away. If she told Thor the truth, he and Jackson would try to find the men who’d hurt her and they would die, too. “Luc and Logan are waiting for me. I have to go,” Cassie said before rushing from the room and toward the playroom on the second floor.
Blinded by the unexpected tears in her eyes, she saw Logan standing in the open door and she ran to him. His arms wrapped around her and held her tightly as she buried her face against his chest, quietly sobbing. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around him as he carried her into the playroom. The door slammed behind them and then Luc was pressed against her back and his arms slid around her too.
“What the hell happened?” Luc asked.
“I don’t know. She was like this when she arrived,” Logan said.
“Cassandra, stop that crying right now and tell us what’s happened,” Luc demanded.
Logan grimaced, then frowned at Luc as Cassie froze for a moment. Then her quiet sobs turned into hiccupping mumbling. He tightened his arms around her. “Damn it, Luc. You don’t ever tell a woman to stop crying. It just makes it worse. I’ll take care of Cassie and you can get a wet washcloth.”
Logan set Cassie on the edge of the bed and ran his hands up and down her legs until Luc returned and handed him a dripping washcloth. “You’re supposed to ring it out.” He slapped it against Luc’s jeans and let the material soak up the extra water.
“I was in a hurry.” Luc cursed and stepped back while Logan began to wash Cassie’s face.
Cassie opened her eyes.
“Sugar, can you tell us what happened?” Logan asked.
Cassie shook her head and another tear fell. Never, never, never, she thought.
Luc shifted from one foot to the other. His hands clenched and relaxed, then finally he stepped forward, picked her up, and sat down with her on his lap. He surrounded her with his arms and signaled Logan to continue.
“Sugar, can you tell me who made you cry?” Logan asked. “We’ll have Thor and Jackson kill them for you.”
“No. I’ll kill them,” Luc said, his voice deadly.
Logan dabbed at Cassie’s face. He caught a tear on her left cheek and then a tear on her right cheek. “I’ll help you.” Logan wiped away another tear. “How do you want to do it? Guns? Knives?”
“I was thinking more along the lines of tampering with their car. You know, all covert like Cade and Thor—make it look like an accident.”
Logan nodded his head. “That would work. We could cut the brake line.”
“Do you know where the brake line is located?” Luc asked.
“No, but you can google it,” Logan said.
Cassie snorted, then giggled. Logan smiled at her. “There you are, sugar. Better now?”
Cassie nodded, then sniffled. “I’m sorry. I never cry,” She shrugged. “Well, unless someone spanks me.” She sniffled again and looked up at Luc through her lashes. “Then, I cry a lot.”
“We’ve got gags.” Luc slid her off his lap and patted her bottom. “You’ve got two minutes to clean up.”
Cassie nodded then fled to the bathroom.
Logan propped himself up against the headboard, one leg bent at the knee and resting on the bed, the other on the floor.
Luc copied Logan’s posture with his back against the post at the end of the bed.
“So, what do you think is going on?” Logan tossed the washcloth back and forth between his hands then tossed it to Luc.
Luc snatched the cloth out of the air then tossed it back. “I think whatever it is she’s not going to tell us.”
“The other night when we were in here with her and had her list her limits, she tried to keep some distance between us.” Logan nodded at the bathroom door. “Just now she locked the door.”
Luc nodded. “I watched her at the May Day Masquerade at the club. She seemed okay then.” He frowned, his black brows drawn down in a fierce frown. “I didn’t like her playing with Dan Thompson.”
Logan hid his grin. Cassie was beginning to get to Luc. “I think someone hurt her.”
Luc nodded. “I’m not willing to play unless she’s willing to open up to us.”
“We have to give her a chance to learn to trust us. She’s not like Linda.” Logan could see Luc drawing back.
 
 
Author bio:
I’m an avid reader, mostly erotic romance and zombie / end of world novels (love those zombies and EMPs). I began writing short stories in high school and then continued to write in university when I took several creative writing classes. It was then that I discovered how my love of research and writing meshed.  I was born curious and writing gives me an excellent excuse to be a life time learner. I really enjoy creating an imaginary setting like Rendezvous Texas, populating it with wonderful characters like the Ramsey brothers and the women they love, and then telling their story.
The romances I enjoy the most have laughter, tears, hot lovers who overcome obstacles to be together, scorching hot sex scenes, and happy endings. That means, the only book I’ll read where one of the main characters dies is a vampire novel (where they get to come back for an eternal happy ending). 
I spend my time reading and writing, shopping online with my BFF who lives too far away, spending time with my family and friends, gardening, traveling, and dreaming about my next book.



Author links:



No comments: